What have I Done Today?
- Working a little on my Learning Design for the deadline next Wednesday.
- Met with a IT- and software company for Linked Open Data called MetaSolutions AB. We had a good talk about potentially collaborating. They have been working on ÖppnaData.se and setting up CKAN for the national open data portal in Sweden which is great to hear.
- Had conversation online with Karin Ahlin, post doctoral researcher at Mittuniversitetet in Östersund. She is researching the societal & economic value of open data and public sector information in Sweden.
What Tools have I Used?
- Asking Good Questions
How do I Feel? How do I Feel about the Project Today?
- I feel that there are a lot of things bubbling around me.
- With the project I feel that I am starting to connect people in the field that I am researching and discovering. I feel that it is a potential start to build a powerful community and movement for the project.
What Surprised Me?
- How fast I could connect with the people at MetaSolutions AB. It felt like we spoke the same language and could see opportunities for collaborating in the future.
- That Karin Ahlin’s work on analysing value of open data is exactly what I think is an interesting perspective to the FrågaStaten.se-project.
What has Changed?
- My feeling towards reaching out to more companies as potential collaborators to see if there might be opportunities for synergies among our common interests.
What are the Next Action Steps?
- Meeting Henrik Edlund at the company Making Waves to hear about one of his personal projects and see if it might be of interest.
- Having a lunch with one of mentors Jessica Cederberg Wodmar.
- Conducting a meeting with FOUNU, and some of their organisational developers working to develop healthcare in the region of Stockholm.
Photographs by The Commons.