What have I Done Today?
- Finished reading Introduction all the way up to Chapter 3 of “Leading from the Emerging Future” by Otto Scharmer at MIT.
- Watched a movie about an eco-village in Wales.
- Worked on my Concept Research Design.
“In Real Open Source, You have the Right to Control your Own Destiny” – Linus Torvalds
What Tools have I Used?
- Appreciative Inquiry
- “Reversed Salami” (Backcasting)
“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.” - Adam Smith
What Surprised Me?
- How long it takes to finish the Concept Research Design
- How hard it is for creativity to flourish when taking too much inspiration
- The revalation that I of course want to strive toward an open source process during my project.
"Given Enough Eyeballs, All Bugs are Shallow.” - Linus Torvalds
What has Changed?
- The sensation of working with something already existing and building on it - that feels great!
- My thoughts around how I will conduct research. Suddenly I realize there are frames and unsuitable deadlines to abide to when conducting research!
What are the Next Action Steps?
- Making visuals for my Concept Research Design
- Finishing the backtracking of what I have done so far.
- Implementing a new Project archiving system.
Photographs by The Commons.