What have I Done Today?
- Finished reading the chapters from Theory U.
- Joined the first Theory U.Lab in Aarhus at Kaospilot.
- Had dinner across the teams at Kaospilot!
"A disruptive change affects not only our outer world, but also our inner self. Such moments bring our world to a sudden stop. They may be terrifying, but they also constitute a great blank space that can be filled in one of two ways: by freezing and reverting to the patterns of the past, or by opening us up to the highest future possibilities." - Otto E. Scharmer
What Tools have I Used?
- Deep Listening
"The leadership disconnect. We collectively create results that nobody wants because decision-makers are increasingly disconnected from the people affected by their decisions." - Otto E. Scharmer
What Surprised Me?
- The ambiguity and applicability of Theory U to my project and whatever I do!
- The power of doing mindfulness together with 35 000+ participants at the same time located all around the Planet!
- How valuable it is to just share random stories with each other as a means to get to know each other. Extremely powerful!
What has Changed?
- Continuing with the reading of Theory U.
- Starting to look more at systemic intervention in systems.
- My interest in tapping into the diversity of the newest team at the school.
What are the Next Action Steps?
- Starting to read Chapter 3 of “Leading from the Emerging Future” by Otto E. Scharmer.
- Doing the Theory U exercises, like trying an empathy walk!
- Keeping on to tell stories in different ways!
Photographs by The Commons.