What have I Done Today?
- Watched beginning of “The House that I Live in”.
- Had two great calls regarding the project.
- Finished first week of Theory U.
- Gone out to sleep in the forrest.
"The success of an intervention depends on the interior condition of the intervenor." - Bill O'Brien, CEO of Hanover Insurance
What Tools have I Used?
- Reflective Journaling.
"Real learning is a process that involves three core activities: 1. Observe, observe, observe; 2. Retreat and reflect to allow inner knowing to emerge; 3. Act in an instant." - Brian Arthur https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/W._Brian_Arthur
How do I Feel about the Project Today?
- I feel so great, after having to great calls.
What Surprised Me?
- How rewarding the calls were and how much things can change by talking.
1. Energy follows attention 2. We have to go through a process that deals with three main movements, or "inner gestures": 1. Observe, observe, observe; 2. Retreat and reflection, allow the inner knowing to emerge; 3. Act in an instant 3. This three-stage process only works if we cultivate the inner instruments: Open Mind, Open Heart, Open Will 4. At the source of this inner cultivation process are the two root questions of creativity: Who is my Self? What is my Work? 5. This process is the road less traveled because the moment you begin, you are going to face three enemies that prevent you from accessing your deeper sources of creativity: Voice of Judgment, Voice of Cynicism, Voice of Fear. 6. This opening process is not only important to do as an individual; you need to hold the space to go through the same process on a collective level. - Otto E. Scharmer
What has Changed?
- My plans for the research period. Feels like I have found a base to work with.
What are the Next Action Steps?
- Calling a potential stakeholder.
- Getting ready for lecture with Carol Sandford!
Photographs by The Commons.